THANK YOU! AS OF 5/26/17, WE HAVE COVERED THE VOLUNTEER SLOTS FOR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS!
· Registration Desk/Company Store
· Duties: be present at registration desk to hand out registration packets, “goodie bags,” and purchased items; assist in signing up on-site registrants. Volunteers will provide information about layout tours, rail and non-rail tours, and location of various clinics or events.
· Working at the desk will require standing, but chairs will be provided for less busy times
· Skills require a friendly attitude, ability to respond to questions or see that questions get answered, and working with laptop computer
· Wednesday, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
· Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (2 hour shifts)
· Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (2 hour shifts)
· Clinic Room/AV assistance
· Duties: during the 15 minutes prior to each clinic, the volunteer will assist clinician with setting up computer/projector or other AV needs. Clinicians will be doing self-introductions. As clinics start, volunteers will direct attendees to desired clinics. Once clinics are going, after about 15 minutes, volunteers should be free to do other things.
· Skills require some ability to trouble shoot computer-projector connection issues and to seek additional help as needed. Calmness and a friendly attitude are helpful.
· Thursday at 8:45 am, 10:15 am, 1:15 pm, 2:45 pm, 6:45 pm (for about 1/2 hour each time)
· Friday at 8:45 am, 10:15 am, 1:15 pm, 2:45 pm (for about 1/2 hour each time)
· Saturday at 8:45 am and 10:15 am (for about 1/2 hour at each time)
· At large assistance
· Duties are to assist the convention committee members in various tasks, which may include running errands, locating individuals, etc. Volunteers may also be required to assist attendees with questions or other needs.
· Possible activities include assisting attendees with locating and boarding the tour buses, signing up for voluntary car pools for layout tours, assisting in contest room, etc.
· Expect to be doing quite a bit of walking. Flexibility and a friendly attitude will be helpful.
· Wednesday, noon to 6:00 pm (2 hour shifts)
· Thursday and Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (2 hour shifts)
· Saturday, 8:00 am to noon (2 hour shifts)
All registrants will have received an invitation to sign up to volunteer using a Doodle poll. If you did not receive the e-mail invitation, you may indicate your availability by clicking here to take the poll. Interested volunteers will be contacted prior to the convention to confirm the assignment and time slot(s).
IF YOU VOLUNTEER BEFORE MAY 15, WE WILL BE ABLE TO ORDER A CONVENTION SHIRT FOR YOU AS A GIFT FOR YOUR SERVICE.
If you are a member of a 100% NMRA club, a portion of the convention net revenue will be distributed to your club based on your participation.